SARACENS KENT DEVELOPING PLAYER PATHWAY
Provides a high quality, individualised, player development experience, encouraging lifelong participation in the game and enabling those with talent to be clearly identified.
- Provide a more holistic approach and player centred experience for players
- More players are provided with more contact with experienced coaches
- Assistance in retaining more players within the game at 16+
- More players with enhanced skills moving upwards in the talent pathway.
- Positive view of the sport by players, parents and other stakeholders.
- More coaches with enhanced skills to meet the needs of players at this stage of development.
- Strengthen clubs and schools by improving the standards of players within them.
A nominated player must meet one or more of the following to be eligible for assessment
- Resides in KENT
- Attends school in KENT
- Is a playing member of a KENT rugby club
Each season Kent schools and clubs are invited to nominate 3 players for assessment for selection into the Developing Player Programme.
Developing Player Programme (DPP)
These players have an opportunity to gain a higher level of training than they might expect to receive at school and/or club level. Players will take part in both training and festivals throughout the season
Saracens Kent Player Development Group (PDG)
Players who are invited onto the PDG will train and take part in festivals as normal with the DPP but will receive extra training sessions as part of the PDG.
Saracens Player Development Group (SPDG)
Players that are identified by coaches will be invited to the Saracens PDG of which training sessions are led by Saracens Academy coaches. This does not come into effect until the U15s group
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Andy Dawling – Saracens Academy DPP Coach: firstname.lastname@example.org
Neil Wiltshire – Kent RFU Programme Manager: email@example.com
Daniel Webb – Kent RFU Developing Player Programme Head Coach: firstname.lastname@example.org