Sittingbourne is a well established, family orientated club with family and rugby values at the heart of everything do. We are currently at a very exciting time for the club with a lot of future potential on the horizon. We are currently looking to recruit a like-minded head coach for the 2018/2019 season and beyond. With a vast amount of youngest now in the senior ranks and coming through some of the role will be setting them on a rugby path aligned with our values.
Assistant Coach Job Description
- To assist the head coach with the coaching of the senior squad and older age groups
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering coaching sessions for the Club’s senior squad.
- Ensure that all sessions are designed to develop the skills and understanding of the players in your squad.
- Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players.
- Provide leadership, the assistant coach will be with the Second/Development team each Saturday, responsible with the captain for the administration and substitute management.
- Set an example and standards players and fellow coaches alike. You will need to be able to inspire players to ensure that all involved maximize their potential.
- Selection assistance and feedback on second team development will be in line with the club selection policy.
- Take delegation – assistant coaches to ensure that players feel valued and they receive useful exposure to all rugby elements.
- Mentor and advise assistant coaches and players where appropriate.
- Submit at season end, a detailed document on progress, development and concerns of the senior playing squad.
- Attend and embrace CPD opportunities within reason to continue and enhance self-improvement.
- Player coaches will be considered.
No remuneration package available. This role will continue for the 19/20 season.
Please email in the first instance with your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date 31.01.19