Footscray Rugby Club is an ambitious amateur rugby club in south-east London and roughly a 20-minute train journey from London Bridge. They operate 2 senior men’s side. Their 1st team is in Kent 1 and the 2nd team are in the Kent metropolitan leagues. They have just upgraded their training facilities to include a new 4G pitch.
They are searching for a new head coach for the senior section for the 2019/2020 season and beyond. You will be expected to oversee training sessions, match days, and advise on squad selection.
Footscray is a family friendly club with a real eagerness to take on new ideas and new players. They have a great track record of turning players with limited rugby knowledge into consistent 1st team players. The club also has a great social side to it as well with solid and lengthy traditions. The club would welcome a coach that shares in those values.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Conduct training from mid-July through to mid-April (10 months for which a remuneration fee of £400 per month will be paid) on Tuesday and Thursday from 7.30-9pm and be at 1st & 2nd team games (When the 1st team aren’t playing) Sept through to April
- Build a game plan to keep us in Kent 1, working with myself and the senior players at first
- Improve fitness including most importantly the last 20 minutes
- The session includes some 2nd XV players that need to be developed and encouraged
- Deliver engaging and enjoyable training sessions with the playing squad
Previous experience and skills:
- RFU level 2 qualified coach, with a keen interest in continuous development through RFU CPD’s or other learning methods
- Experience of coaching senior men’s sides preferably with evidence of success
- Experience of coaching and developing young/inexperienced players
- Successful implementation of a structured game plan whilst also applying it to enjoyable training sessions
If you are interested please contact Leigh Rogers (Deputy Chairman) at LRog517@hotmail.co.uk with your coaching C.V and a cover letter. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Leigh on 07840 329 830. If you meet the criteria you may be asked to run a 45 min – 1 hour training session.
Deadline for all applications end of April