Due to relocation of job our Coaching & Refereeing Chair is leaving and therefore we need a replacement who will continue the great work he has achieved over the last 2 years. Should we find somebody quickly they will be able to shadow our present chair for the next few months.
Role Title: Coaching & Refereeing Development Sub-Committee Chair
Role Purpose: To develop, support, recruit and promote coaching and refereeing within Kent.
Reporting Line: Chair, Game Development Committee
- RFU Rugby Development Officers
- RFU Area Training Manager
Kent RDOs, Kent CRC’s, Area 3 Training Manager, Area 3 Manager, Chair Game Development Committee (GDC), GDC Committee members, Chair Club Development Committee, County safeguarding manager, Director of representative rugby, Saracens Academy Staff, County Administrator, LF manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Chair the Coaching & Refereeing sub-committee
- Mentor and support colleagues within the sub-committee
- Promote coaching and refereeing of Rugby Union and associated good practice across the county.
- Work with the local RFU delivery team to assess needs of the clubs for courses and funding support.
- Be a subject expert on coaching and refereeing development and the RFU courses and CPD suite as a point of information for club coaching and refereeing co-ordinators.
- Engage with and assist club coaching & refereeing co-ordinators.
- Devise and implement new initiatives to increase the learning and development of coaches and referees across the county.
- Develop and support strategies that seek to maximise recruitment, retention and development of coaches & referees across the County.
- Coordinate the development and oversee and monitor the delivery of the coaching and refereeing development sub-committee action plan.
- Effectively coordinate and manage the budget of the sub-committee through the local delivery plan.
- Represent the views of the coaching & refereeing development sub-committee, and to report on its activity to the Game Development Committee and RFU staff.
Experience Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent working knowledge of coach and referee development in terms of qualifications and CPD’s offered and pathways available.
- An active coach or referee with a keen interest in developing others.
- Ability to coordinate, oversee and manage significant budgets.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and direction.
- Understanding of, and commitment to equal opportunities and managing diversity
- Understanding of relevant legislation and data protection aspects of the role
- An understanding of the game of Rugby Union and how it is played
Desirable skills (not essential)
- RFU Developer or Senior Developer
- RFU Mentor (or equivalent)
- Teaching or Training qualification
- Interpersonal skills
- Diplomacy and tact
- High level of organisation and administration
- Time management
- Robust understanding of budgetary control and finances
If you are interested please contact Game Development Chair, David Clent: email@example.com
“Whilst engaged in any activity under the auspices of Kent County RFU Ltd, it is not permitted for any adult to attempt to induce, or influence, any player to move from one club, or from one educational establishment, to another.
If any adult, whilst engaged in any activity under the auspices of Kent County RFU Ltd, is approached by a player or parent, in order to secure a change of playing environment for the player, the matter shall be reported immediately to the Chairman of Club Kent, who will deal with the matter.”