Maidstone Rugby Club are looking for a new Director of Rugby to come onboard with its three year plan and beyond.
This important role is pivotal to the next chapter of the clubs 139-year history.
OF ROLE: To oversee all rugby playing activities at all senior levels.
TO: Main Committee
- To provide direction and mentorship to the senior coaches.
- To liaise with the Chairman on the playing budget.
- To develop and deploy the policies controlling the playing of rugby at the club (e.g. Selection Policy)
- To attend the Committee Meetings and represent the interests of the Senior sections of the club.
- To liaise with the Youth Academy Manager & Youth Chairs regarding the Junior and Mini sections.
- To liaise with the Club Chairman to meld the rugby and administrative outlook for the club.
- To ensure that the club has active plans for coach & player development, as well as player & coach recruitment which is reviewed and discussed with the Committee.
- To ensure that the minimum standards laid down in the Seal of Approval relating to the playing of rugby are met.
- To ensure that all of the following key posts are covered:
- Head Coach
- Assistant Coaches
- 1st XV (and / or Club) Captain.
- Senior Team Captains
- Chairman of Selectors
- Physiotherapy Support
- School Liaison Officer
- Coaching Coordinator
- Referee Coordinator
- Senior Fixture Secretary
IDEAL/KEY SKILLS FOR ROLE:
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct the activities of a team.
- Experience as a player and a coach.
- Good management skills.
- Confident and effective communicator.
- Good working knowledge of meeting procedures.
- Instills a positive mentality.
Initial telephone conversations are planned over the next several weeks with candidates, before a formal interview stage mid-January.
Anyone interested should contact the Club Chairman in the first instance at: MaidstoneRFC@outlook.com