Old Colfeians are looking for a Director of Women & Girls Rugby, please email email@example.com if you are interested in the below role.
Chairman & Women’s Rugby Consultant
To increase and sustain the number of females participating in rugby at OC both in terms of playing and coaching. Do this by creating and driving the implementation of a Women’s and Girls Rugby strategy at the club and ensuring a positive environment for players, coaches, and volunteers.
Main Aims and Targets
- • Create a 5-year plan for the Women and girls’ section at OCRFC
- • Build and Develop a Women’s Rugby Team at OCRFC
- • Significantly improve numbers in girls’ section across the age groups – U11s, U13s, U15s, U16s and U18s
- • Improve facilities for women and girls at OCRFC
6 active coaching hours a week + 2 planning/outreach.
TBD at interview stage. Hourly rate + bonus for reaching targets set by the club in pre-season.
- • Lead coach for U18s Girls and Women’s Team
- • Recruitment, retainment and ensuring constant development of girls and women players.
- • Lead girls outreach programme at local primary and secondary schools in liaison with outreach officers at OCRFC developing the current school link plan for player recruitment and monitoring and reporting on the success of this plan.
- • Create links with local councillors, Greenwich and Lewisham council school games organiser and their sport leads.
- • Create links with local universities and further education colleges.
- • Maintain links with players leaving for university.
- • Publicise and promote Women and girls’ section on social media.
- • Recruitment of coaches, first aiders, physios and management teams for girls and women’s section.
- • Liaise with team managers regarding arrangement of fixtures, referees, travel arrangements and player, coaches and first aid/physios’ availability.
- • Create relationships with local sponsors.
- • Passionate about Increasing participation in women and girls’ rugby.
- • Self-motivated, hardworking, and well organised.
- • Strong inter-personal skills with a good team ethic
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- • Minimum Level 2 Coaching Award, Level 3 desired (or working towards)
- • Current and up to date DBS Certificate
- • Current and up to date First Aid Certificate (or be willing to do a course at the soonest possible date)
- • Valid UK driving licence
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org