Area Manager (South-East – 12 month FTC) – (19000046)
Nature and Scope:
The role holder will provide strong leadership, direction and line management to a locally based development team. They will ensure that the diverse team works collaboratively to strengthen our clubs and be accountable for the delivery of local plans, targets and work programmes. The role holder will be the prime interface with Constituent Bodies providing support to them in the creation and implementation of robust development plans aligned to their development needs.
- Build strong external relationships with relevant sporting bodies and local partners that can help strengthen rugby clubs and assist the growth of the game.
- Build strong relationships with constituent bodies to help strengthen rugby clubs and assist the growth of the game.
- Ensure strong partnerships and working practices are in place with government agencies including Sport England, County Sports Partnerships and Local Authorities.
- Work closely with the Rugby Development ELT and collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of strategic, business and operational plans.
- Ensure funding is available to support Constituent Bodies programmes and the delivery of the on-going service to our member clubs.
- Provide inspirational leadership to a diverse team of remotely based staff by the setting of clear targets, consistant measurement of work and the ongoing development of the individiuals within the team.
- Provide clear communication of the RFU’s vision and strategies to local staff, CBs and partner organisations.
- Manage the deployment oflocal staff to ensure the provision of appropriate development support to the RFU’s member clubs.
- Identify staff for internal leadership development programmes and ensure the delivery of a high quality annual professional development programme for all local development staff.
- Support regional staff to build effective and strong relationships with clubs and to provide them with high quality and appropriate development support.
- Through mentoring, training and networking ensure that local development staff are at the cutting edge of sport development and are externally recognised as being amongst the best.
- Using the 6 key drivers establish and implement local delivery strategies that enhance rugby union.
- Create and maximise strong relationships with Sport England and the County Sport Partnership network, establishing joint targets and programmes of work which help to strengthen the network of clubs.
- Work closely with Premiership & Championship Rugby Clubs to share information and develop opportunities to further advance the development of rugby at local level.
- Act as the overall project manager for all local delivery plans, providing guidance to others and ensuring solutions and delivery is of the highest quality.
- Actively keep up to date with changes in the industry and ensure people management skills remain up to date.
- Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of the RFU at all times, including the promotion of the RFU Core Values.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time and are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the RFU.
For more information on this role and how to apply, see HERE!
Deadline Jan 5th 2020